The Brewing Foundation course introduces the learner to the different methods of brewing coffee. The learner will receive theoretical and practical hands-on instruction for a range of devices including automatic and manual gravity brewers, as well as other commonly used brewers within their local culture. Learners will also explore how to produce a tasty brew based on an understanding of the essential brewing elements and an analysis of their brew results.
- Course Length: Minimum 8 hours including exams
- Prerequisites: None; Introduction to Coffee recommended
Written Exam Information:
- Total Number of Questions on Online Written Exam: 30 (worth one point each) Total Time Allowed for Online Written Exam: 32 minutes
- Passing Score (Online Written Exam): 60%
Practical Exam Information:
- Total Time Allowed for Practical Exam: 60 minutes
- Total Number of Sections on the Practical Exam: 3
- Passing Score: 60% on each section. Candidates must pass all sections to be awarded the Foundation certificate.
Cost: $400.00 Includes SCA certification fee, handouts, lunch and all class supplies