Overview: designed to introduce the concept of scientifically measuring coffee extraction and to explore the elements of coffee brewing, brewing intermediate helps the coffee professional manipulate brew techniques to improve coffee quality.
- Course Length: Minimum 16 hours including practical exam
- Prerequisites: None; Brewing Foundations recommended
Written Exam Information:
- Total Number of Questions on Online Written Exam: 25 (worth one point each) Total Time Allowed for Online Written Exam: 30 minutes
- Passing Score (Online Written Exam): 70%
Practical Exam Information:
- Total Time Allowed for Practical Exam: 60 minutes
- Total Number of Sections on the Practical Exam: 3
- Passing Score: 70% on each section. Candidates must pass all sections to be awarded the Foundation certificate.
Cost: $1000.00 Includes SCA certification fee, handouts, lunch and all class supplies