What skills will you need to become a good roaster? The skills required to go beyond turning coffee from green to brown and hopefully making it taste good all starts with understanding how to pick up the phone and talk with an importer. From there, you must learn how to objectively taste coffee and recognize defects. Without any essential knowledge upfront, it is challenging to know what questions to ask to get answers and information to get you started on the right track.
This bundle contains the following classes:
- Roasting Foundation (Online)
- Green Coffee Foundation (Onsite)
- Sensory Skills Foundation (Onsite)
- Roasting Intermediate (Onsite)
Please select dates for each class.
Payment and Cancellation, if applicable:
Once registration and tuition has been received for a course, we consider this to be a firm commitment for attendance. Last-minute participant substitutions are difficult to arrange, although we understand emergency situations may arise that will affect attendance to programs offered by Firedancer.
We have established the following policy in case of course cancelation:
- If cancellation is made over 15 days before the program start date, 100% of the tuition, less a 10% cancellation fee, will be refunded, or 100% of the tuition is transferable to another program and/or date.
- If cancellation is made within less than 15 days prior to the program date, the entire tuition is non-refundable, however, you may transfer to a future date..
Firedancer reserves the right to cancel or reschedule events as necessary. In such a case, this will occur two weeks before the start of the event. Tuition may be refunded in full or transferred to a future seminar or course. In no event shall Firedancer Coffee Consultants be liable for any cancelation or change penalties assessed by an airline or hotel as a result of course date changes or cancellations.
Tuition and Certificate Fees:
Effective November 1, 2023, Firedancer will no longer include the course enrollment fees associated with SCA classes. While this saddens us, we found it very difficult to manage the processing of the class according to each individual's own timeline.
INCLUDED WITH TUITION: Student handbook, class activity materials, certificate of completion (Food Safety Coursework), and lunch (for classes longer than 6 hours).
NOT INCLUDED WITH TUITION: Airfare, transportation, lodging, course enrollment fees or other personal expenses.